The ISA invites Applications from eligible entities for 4 Award categories in the year 2021. The awards will be presented during the 4th Assembly of the ISA or any other international event.
ISA Haryana Kalpana Chawla Solar Award, For Outstanding Scientists/ Engineers & Technologists in the field of solar energy from ISA Member Countries
ISA Karnataka Visvesvaraya Solar Award, For Best Floating Solar Project in an ISA Member country.
ISA Diwakar Award, For organizations working with children with special needs and maximizing the use of solar energy in the Host Country of the ISA.
ISA Madhya Pradesh Acharya Vinoba Bhave Solar Award, For Best Solar Pumps in an ISA Member country. (Entries will be accepted for 2021)
The online application forms are available from 19th May 2021 to 5 August 2021
• Applicants are requested to use a steady internet bandwidth while filling up the application form in order to avoid the loss of information.
• The information provided should be authentic and verifiable.
• Selection of applicants by the awards committee will be exclusively based on the information provided in the nomination application form.
• The language used should be formal and precise
• Application forms cannot be filled on behalf of any other entity
• All information used to fill the form should add value to the application
• The award will be rolled over to next year in case no suitable awardee is found.
For any clarification the applicants may write to Mr. P. C. Sharma (Joint Director, International Solar Alliance) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Dates: 2021
• 19 May – Application open
• 5 August – Final date for submitting the Application
• Award Distribution – During the 4th ISA Assembly or any other international event in 2021
Two Tier Selection Committee Structure
Tier 1: The Awards Screening Committee:
For all the awards there will be a screening committee that will go through a rigorous procedure of selection after considering the eligibility criteria of the candidates, this committee will comprise of:
• Awards Screening Committee:
• Ex-Head, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), India (Chair)
• Prof. V Ramgopal Rao, Director, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
• Director General, National Solar Energy Institute (INES), France
• Additional Chief Secretary, New and Renewable Energy, Govt. of Haryana, India
• Director General, National Institute of Solar Energy, India
• Chief Secretary, Govt. of Karnataka, India
• Mr. P.C. Sharma, Joint Director, International Solar Alliance (Convener)
• Mr. Rajiv Kumar, Consultant, International Solar Alliance (Legal Convener)
Tier 2: The International Awards Committee:
This Committee will decide to whom the Award is to be given after due consideration and as per the assessment framework. The IAC is made up of senior experts from various fields and countries. Each member has relevant professional experience. The committee will be chaired by Ms Rachel Kyte, Dean, Fletcher School, Tufts University. The International Awards Committee comprises of the following Jury Members:
• Ms. Rachel Kyte, Dean, The Fletcher School, Tufts University (Chair)
• Ms. Mika Ohbayashi, Director, Renewable Energy Institute, Japan
• Mr. Mahama Kappiah, ECOWAS Permanent Representative to the United Nations
• Ms. Rana Adib, Executive Director, Renewable Energy Policy Network for the 21st Century (REN21)
• Dr. Paolo Frankl, Head, Renewable Energy Division, International Energy Agency