STEPS INVOLVED IN RATIFICATION OF THE ISA FRAMEWORK AGREEMENT
- Visit the International Solar Alliance (ISA) website www.isolaralliance.org
- Go to the Framework Agreement tab in the About section and download the ISA Framework Agreement in Hindi or in any of the UN languages.
- Get the Executive approval for signing and ratifying the ISA Framework Agreement
- Thereafter get approval of the Cabinet/Parliament or any other competent body authorised to approve the ratification of ISA FA through the concerned Ministry/Department.
- After Parliament/Cabinet approval the formal Instrument of ratification needs to be deposited with the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India (GoI). The instrument of ratification may be forwarded along with a formal Note Verbale to MEA which in case of ISA is the formal depository. (It is the prerogative of a member country to either deposit the Instrumentof Ratification with the Indian Embassy/High Commission located in their country or directly with the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India (GoI) through their Embassy/High Commission in New Delhi).
- A Model Instrument of Ratification, Acceptance or Approval prescribedby the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India (GoI) is annexed.
MODEL INSTRUMENT OF RATIFICATION, ACCEPTANCE OR APPROVALClick Here Download PDF (To be signed by the Head of State, Head of Government or Minister for Foreign Affairs)
WHEREAS : the Framework Agreement of the International Solar Alliance was opened for signature, at Marrakech on 15 November 2016
AND WHEREAS : the said Framework Agreement of the International Solar Alliance has been signed on behalf of the Government of [name of State] on [date],
NOW THEREFORE I : [name and title of the Head of State, Head of Government or Minister for Foreign Affairs] declare that the Government of [name of State], having considered the above-mentioned Framework Agreement of the International Solar Alliance,confirms and[ratifies, accepts, approves] the same and undertakes faithfully to perform and carry out the stipulations therein contained.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF : I have signed this instrument of [ratification, acceptance, approval] at [place] on [date].