The 2022 Governance Meetings of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) were initiated in July of 2022. The governance bodies of the ISA, namely the Assembly, the Standing Committee, and the Regional Committees offer an integrated approach to governance and decision-making within the Alliance. The Governance Meetings comprise deliberations across the four regions of Africa, Asia- Pacific, Europe & Others and Latin America-Caribbean at the Regional Committee. These inform the deliberations of the Standing Committee, comprising the Hon’ble President, Co-President and 8 regional Vice-Presidents. The deliberations by the Standing Committee go on to inform the deliberations of the Assembly, which is the apex decision making body of the ISA. Convened at the Ministerial level, the Governance Meetings facilitate in-depth analysis of the ISA’s strategic initiatives, programmes, and activities as well as regional priorities through moderated discussions. These Meetings extend the ISA Secretariat the opportunity to enhance cooperation with ISA Member Countries, as well as provide Member Countries with the ability to improve collaboration among themselves and mutually identify avenues of cooperation and partnership. The Fifth Assembly of the International Solar Alliance was hosted in New Delhi, India from 17-20 October.
- Sixth & Seventh Standing Committee Meetings were hosted in New Delhi, India on 21 July and 13 September 2022 respectively.
- Third Meeting of the Regional Committee of Europe and Others region was conducted virtually on 12 July 2022.
- Fourth Regional Committee Meeting for Latin America and the Caribbean Region was hosted from 3- 5 August 2022 in Georgetown, Guyana.
- Fourth Meeting of the Regional Committee of the Asia Pacific Region was hosted virtually on 17 August 2022.
- Fourth Regional Committee Meeting for Africa was held from 29-31 August in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.